Tha Taphao, Thailand
A collection of little things that have eased my way
- Having a washing bag for the first time in years.
- The towel someone left in Tokyo, which I liberated.
- Putting my sandals in the washing machine in Seoul (I no longer sit down and think “is that me?”).
- Posting home ticket stubs and other bits I don’t need but want to keep.
- New t shirts in Cambodia, allowing me to bin the old.
I ran to the sea in Chumphon today, after a six hour train ride. Plenty of westerners on the train, but most headed for Surat Thani, the end of this particular line, from where the boat goes to Koh Samui. It is possible to get the boat there from here, too, but much more slowly.
Reading: Malcolm Gladwell, The Tipping Point.